Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Is partnering with a Dedicated Contract Carrier right for you?
Today’s business climate is more challenging than ever. Increasing profitable revenue, improving service and reducing costs are necessary to remain competitive.
Outsourcing or blending your private fleet with a dedicated contract carrier may be the solution to improve your company’s profitability and service performance.
Changing from a distribution system that relies on truckload or less than truckload carriers to a dedicated contract carrier can reduce cost per unit delivered and improve service to your customer.
Who Uses Dedicated Contract Carriage (DCC)?
Who assumes liability of the fleet and drivers?
Who decides if/when something needs to change in the operation?
What is a DCC and what is included in my DCC operation?
People have varying definitions of dedicated contract carriage. A Lily Dedicated Contract Carriage system includes:
- System Design – to your needs: highly efficient and service sensitive
- On Site Management – hired and trained and Dedicated to you to manage the system on your behalf reporting to Lily’s team of regionally deployed senior managers
- Dedicated Drivers – hired and trained to the system parameters that have been customized to your business
- Software integrated – to your business, reporting systems designed to fit your needs
- Dedicated Equipment (trucks, tractors, trailers) – designed for efficiency, (we are not captive to the vehicles we use, we don’t use whatever is available), we use what will get the highest MPG and load capacity for lowest CPU
- Lily Support – Continuous Improvement Process, CSA 2010, Safety, Ongoing Re-Engineering, Additional Drivers, Equipment and Management
What if I expand or change my operations?
Where will my Fleet be located?
Where will my Lily Operations Manager & Drivers be located?
When can I get started?
- Whenever you are ready we’ll schedule an introductory meeting to review your current operations, and determine if a Lily Dedicated Logistics System will be beneficial to you and your company.
- If you wish to proceed we will then need your distribution data (usually a two week period) for our logistics analysis and we will again meet to review our findings and our preliminary system design.
- Once reviewed necessary revisions are made and we will review the finished system design as well as a cost benefit and efficiency comparison against your current operations.
Why would I want to change my logistics system now?
- You might want to consider outsourcing to Lily for a customized Dedicated Contract System now or in the future.
- It takes approximately 60 days from the time we receive your distribution data to provide a finished system design.
- You are involved throughout the design process and you dictate the service parameters that will be incorporated into the system cost.
- Our Dedicated Logistics Systems reduce our clients’ annual transportation costs by ten percent and more often by over fifteen percent.
- Liability, capital investment, regulatory compliance management (CSA 2010, revised HOS rules… ), all are Lily’s responsibility.
- We can often create additional revenues via backhauls.